January 28, 2018

REVIEW: My Torin


My Torin
Author:  K Webster
Pub Date: January 7, 2018 

Synopsis:
I’m a freak, a misfit, an odd end.

Abandoned and unloved.

But my happiness is so close I can taste it.

Until he shows up.

Gorgeous, expensive, and all man.

Sad brown eyes and a brilliant smile.

And he wants me to go with him.

His intentions are hidden.

His motives are unclear.

Yet, I leave with him because there’s no happiness here.

What he promises feels too good to be true…

A castle. A fortune. And horses too.

It’s too easy.

Nothing in my life has ever been easy.

What’s the catch?

There’s always a catch.

Before I get to my review, I remember congratulating K Webster on the fact that My Torin was getting amazing reviews.  I told her that “I could not wait to read it.”  She commented back saying she hoped I would like it.  In my last response, I told her, “you hope?? If I were you today, I would BANK on me lovin' it. The word has gotten out and its a foregone conclusion”

All I can say now, is I hope she has banked on it because I got the most BANG for my buck! So much more than I expected.  More emotion, more feeling, more love-just MORE.

This book just gripped my heart, my soul my being.  This book is charming, delightful, exquisite.  It’s a true gem.  I recommend this book to everyone.  It is a masterful story!  An experience, a journey. a fulfillment of everything I want in a romance novel.  A rollercoaster of emotion, the good, the bad, the ugly.  Sadness, happiness, joy, elation wow, I think K Webster has hit on every one of my emotions.  I am so glad I took the opportunity to read this book.  I’ve read nothing of the like so far.

As I sit here, trying to put into words how truly wonderful this book is, I have tears in my eyes.  It really took its toll on me.  Beautiful, just beautiful.  I can only hope my review give this author and book the praise they deserve.

This is a story about love, family, fate and prejudice.  The story begins as a deacon finds a newborn baby girl that is abandoned in a manger scene in front of his church.  A letter stating that her name is Casey and that she is sick and that the mother is unable to take care of her.  With a bag full of pennies stating this is all the mother has to give.  The heartbroken Deacon already has too much on his plate so he decides he will send her to a loving home and hopefully be adopted.

Eighteen years later, Casey Doe or a she prefers to be call Casey Snow (for new beginning, cleansing) steps out of her Dr’s office and bends over to try and pick up a penny but someone beats her to it.  She looks up into a pair of intense brown eyes.  His gaze so penetrative that she feels as though he can see straight into her soul.  The moment is eventually broken by her foster parent Guy.  As he pulls her away towards the van, the man extends the penny towards her.

Two weeks later, she finds herself in a mansion of a home with two brothers.  The older brother Tyler, who bought her from Guy and Torin, the younger brother who stole her penny.  Tyler and Torin are different in every way and Casey needs them both in her life for different reasons, Tyler gives her the love and affection she never had while Torin sparks her to life. Don’t be mistaken, there is no cheating or threesome etc.  These characters are somewhat broken and find their missing pieces within each other.  It is enthralling and captivating to live through the highs, lows, failures and successes this “family” goes through.  From here on out in the story, the bonds are tested and strengthened.  As for the Epilogue, just wow.  I loved it.  I relished every single word. 

All I can think of now are these 3 sayings

“Find a penny, pick it up and all day long you’ll have good luck!”  And wow, everyone ends up not necessarily with luck but love-SO much love.

“Penny for your thoughts?”  Reminds me so much of Torin.  Although I know he gave them for another reason, I wonder if this was not his way to have Casey react or approach him so that he would have a better understanding of how she was feeling.

And last but now least, the “In God We Trust” that is inscribed on the American penny.  I don’t know if she made the tie in to the book or not but, it’s brilliant! 

GO get this book.  DO NOT MISS OUT!!  Bank on being captivated and engrossed in this book! 

My Rating? 






Or, for those of you who have not read My Torin yet, 5 STARS!!!!!













2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's high praise. On my wish list this book is going. Fantastic review, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, glad you loved this so much! I love when books have so much emotion, and especially when they have so many different emotions. This sounds like a beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to like or comment on this post if you liked it! I am also open to suggestions to improve my blog and posts.

If you do leave a comment please check back as I will always comment back.