March 20, 2018

REVIEW: The Widow of Papina

The Widow of Papina
Author: Katie Hamstead
Pub date: December 13, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance Mystery

Synopsis

Forrest and Braydon Miller moved to the small town of Papina to follow their dreams and start a family. Braydon loves her new life in the quiet town, kept alive by the prestigious boarding school overlooking the valley. She is so proud of her husband's work, helping the teens on the reservation.

Until one day, Forrest doesn't come home.

Scandal spreads when it’s discovered that one of the teenagers is missing, too. But, Braydon refuses to believe her husband would leave her. When the teen is found, she isn't talking--literally.

While Braydon's heart is breaking, she must hold her crumbling life together, raise her son, trust in the Sheriff's loyal, and ever-growing devotion, and find a way to love the MUTE teenager enough to discover the truth of what happened to her husband.

My review ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Going into this book, I didn’t know what to expect.  This is a new to me author and based on the synopsis, I was intrigued. I was not disappointed.
This is an emotionally gripping story that will pull on your heartstrings. It is poignant, believable and heartfelt. I loved all of the characters in this book.  I wanted to be a part of their town.  I wanted to be their friend.  I was immersed in this little town as well as the drama, love and arguments that unfolded.  There were twists and turns I did not see coming and the love that develops between Braydon and Paul was wonderfully written.  It is not rushed or forced.  Although there are not many heated scenes, the ones that are written are hot and heavy.
There is some drama in this book, but I do not believe it is over-the-top or that it in any detracts from the book as a whole.

Braydon is a strong character with a lot on her plate.  A missing husband, a newborn, and a mute teenager.  She manages to juggle all of this and much more.  I absolutely envied Brayden for her strength to deal with it all
Paul is a Sheriff and he is absolutely sweet.  I loved his character.  He is a man, in my opinion, that everyone dreams about having.  He is mannerly, helpful, strong and willing to fight for what he wants.

“I’m going to fight for you, because no matter how much you think we can’t be together, I know one day we will.”
I don’t want to divulge too much as the book is enjoyed not knowing the twists and turns but suffice it to say that I liked this book.  It is heartbreaking and warm.  I would love to revisit this town and its characters in a new book if the author chose to do so.  I would recommend this to anyone who likes a mystery as well as a well-written romance.

I received an ARC of this book.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not forget to like or comment on this post if you liked it! I am also open to suggestions to improve my blog and posts.

If you do leave a comment please check back as I will always comment back.