April 29, 2019

RELEASE & REVIEW: Pretty Reckless

What a WONDERFUL Monday.  I have THE perfect book to recommend to all that love a book with teenage angst, heartache and heartbreak with a story that will simply captivate!  Pretty Reckless by LJ Shen is LIVE and this is a book you DON’T want to miss!  Get your copy!









We were supposed to be best friends
But turned out to be worst enemies…

-Penn

They say revenge is a dish best served cold.
I’d had four years to stew on what Daria Followhill did to me, and now my heart is completely iced.
I took her first kiss.
She took the only thing I loved.
I was poor.
She was rich.
The good thing about circumstances? They can change. Fast.
Now, I’m her parents’ latest shiny project.
Her housemate. Her tormentor. The captain of the rival football team she hates so much.
Yeah, baby girl, say it—I’m your foster brother.
There’s a price to pay for ruining the only good thing in my life, and she’s about to shell out some serious tears.
Daria Followhill thinks she is THE queen. I’m about to prove to her that she’s nothing but a spoiled princess.

-Daria

Everyone loves a good-old, unapologetic punk.
But being a bitch? Oh, you get slammed for every snarky comment, cynical eye roll, and foot you put in your adversaries’ way.
The thing about stiletto heels is that they make a hell of a dent when you walk all over the people who try to hurt you.
In Penn Scully’s case, I pierced his heart until he bled out, then left it in a trash can on a bright summer day.
Four years ago, he asked me to save all of my firsts for him.
Now he lives across the hall, and there’s nothing I want more than to be his last everything.
His parting words when he gave me his heart were that nothing in this world is free.
Now? Now he is making me pay.

Download your copy today for the special release week price
of ONLY $2.99 or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!

PURCHASE LINKS




MY REVIEW

Pretty Reckless has wrecked me in the most wonderful way.

“Us. Licking each other’s ice creams. She is tasting my sourness. As I devour her sweetness” - Penn

LJ Shen writes vivid teenagers that bring back all of the angst and insecurities of high school. Finding out who you are and where you fit. Rivalries, first loves and first heartbreaks Not to mention secrets and lies run amock.

We get a second chance at reliving the angst, tears, secrets, lies and pain of our younger years. But, this author adds her unique take with Hothole fathers, hot and brooding first crushes, and a fated love that is tattered and torn before it even begins, but is still worth fighting for.

She also explores the challenges of parenthood. There is no book, no magical wand to make sure we do not err. We do our best and we make mistakes and we eventually learn. She highlights the parental challenges perfectly and with so much emotion and angst.

From the very beginning, the rivalry and jealousy between Daria and Via is nothing short of EPIC. Fighting for her mom’s affection and time, Daria feels left out and inconsequential in her mother’s life.

Misunderstandings as well as feelings of hurt and hurt guide the mother-daughter relationship astray.

Daria is complicated and has so many more layers than you would believe. Each layer is peeled back and explored. She is the most human of characters I have seen to date. She finds solace with Penn, a safe place in what should be her enemie’s arms.

Penn is such a wonderful character. From his sweetness to his gruffness to his outright defiance and fight. He stands up for who and what he believes in.

Is it possible for Daria and her mother to start over? Or, is there just too much hurt and betrayal? Will Daria and Penn be able to build a solid and trustworthy relationship with all the secrets and difference between them?

LJ Shen is a superhero capable of crushing my heart with her words and then magically piecing it back together,.

Here are a couple of words that had such a profound effect on me. I believe anyone who reads this book will be affected as well

“Talk”. This book is as simple and as complicated as that one words
“Skull Eyes” These two words have so much meaning, so much power.

Best damn book I’ve read in a long time! It is such a powerful read and is nothing short of EVERYTHING.


ABOUT LJ SHEN 


L.J. Shen is an International #1 best-selling author of Contemporary Romance and New Adult novels. She lives in Northern California with her husband, young son and chubby cat.

Before she’d settled down, L.J. (who thinks referring to herself in the third person is really silly, by the way) traveled the world, and collected friends from all across the globe. Friends who’d be happy to report that she is a rubbish companion, always forgets people's’ birthdays and never sends Christmas cards.

She enjoys the simple things in life, like spending time with her family and friends, reading, HBO, Netflix and internet-stalking Stephen James. She reads between three to five books a week and firmly believes Crocs shoes and mullets should be outlawed.

CONNECT WITH LJ SHEN




No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not forget to like or comment on this post if you liked it! I am also open to suggestions to improve my blog and posts.

If you do leave a comment please check back as I will always comment back.