June 19, 2018

REVIEW:Kandiland

Cover Designer: RBA Designs
Cover Photographer: Perrywinkle Photography



Kandiland
Author: T.L. Smith
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release: June 19, 2018

Blurb:

He was forbidden, my boss and incapable of loving me.
People talked about him, whispered about him in passing.
He was the king of his town.
And I was a visitor.
I was by no means a smart girl. Never loved with my head, always with my heart.
That fact alone almost killed me once.
 I should have listened the second time around.
But the king of this small town, had me starving. 
Had me raving his taste.
My name is Kandi, and he called me his Kandiland.
The king declared I was his medicine, and with each dose, he became better and better.
He was the perfect liar.
And I was his perfect Kandi.
Together, we were explosive, and toxic in every way.


Buy Links:



Kandiland by TL Smith is a page-turning story, told in dual POV, about a woman trying to start over and finally put down roots after her husband’s death. 

Kandi moves to the city of Candy to start her life anew but, it is not easy.  People judge her for her uniqueness and the way she looks.

One enigmatic man however, wants her.  A man she fears, not because he will hurt her rather because he makes her feel again.  Not only is he bringing out things she shouldn’t feel while grieving, he also makes her feel things her husband never did.

Huxley is the King of the city is demanding, manipulative, ruthless and ALWAYS gets what he wants.  And, right now, he wants Kandi.

Kandi tries to stay away but she is drawn like moth to flame but Huxley has secrets.  Secrets he is unwilling to share.  Will Kandi finally be able to put down roots or will Huxley’s secrets and unwillingness to love force her to uproot once again?


I enjoyed this story tremendously.  It is intriguing and held my attention to the very last word.

Kandi was an overall strong heroine.  I love how she was not afraid of going toe to toe with Huxley even though no one else dared.  With that being said, there are a couple of instances in the book where I find her character a little weak.

Huxley’s character is definitively ruthless.  With Kandi, however, he shows another side.  She brings out the best in him.

This was a great read but I’m hoping there is more to their story.  I found that there were a few loose ends and plot points that the author either did not follow up on or just severed completely.

There was a small twist that I did see coming but this did not affect my enjoyment of the book.

Recommended for those of you who like a hot read with enough intrigue to keep you turning the pages right through the night!

I received an ARC of this book.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not forget to like or comment on this post if you liked it! I am also open to suggestions to improve my blog and posts.

If you do leave a comment please check back as I will always comment back.