November 27, 2017

Review: Ryan (Jagged Edge Series #8)


My Review: ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Ryan (Jagged Edge Series #8)
Ryan Hyatt and Charlie Winters are separated as teenage lovers when he joined the military and decided to push her away.  Several years later, Charlie gets the opportunity to move on from her dead-end job, in Cedar grove to work as a bookkeeper for her brother in New York. Things are looking up until her brother runs afoul of criminals when he witnesses a murder.  Now she must trust the man who broke her heart with her brother's life.

This is a new to me author and enjoyed reading this book but in my opinion, the characters felt a bit one dimensional. I did not get a "feel" on who the character's were and what motivated them to do what they did.  I also felt like I was being told a story versus it actually happening.  This is probably due to the book being written in past tense as well as the story unfolding in the past as well.  This aside, the book was interesting and easy to read.   I just wanted to know so much more background on the main characters..

The fact that I am not a fan of books written in this way tcould have tempered my review.  With this, I will definetly take a second look at this author's overall writing style before making any further judgements or recommendations.

Thank you to bookbuzz.net and netgalley.com for providing me with a free copy for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not forget to like or comment on this post if you liked it! I am also open to suggestions to improve my blog and posts.

If you do leave a comment please check back as I will always comment back.