May 11, 2018

BOOK REVIEW: Thief

Thief
Boston Underworld 5
Author: A. Zavarelli
Pub Date: Feb 22, 2018

Synopsis:

Tanaka

I’m a good girl.

I live by a code that can’t be bent or broken. It is my duty to my family to stay innocent and pure. To marry an Italian man. The stars are already aligned.

But Nikolai Kozlov re-writes my destiny with five simple words.

You belong to me now.

He's Russian mafiya. A thief. A skilled liar with no moral boundaries. He is everything I have been taught to hate. A man who stands for nothing. A man who takes what he wants without a second thought.

And what he wanted was me.

He thinks he controls my fate, but what he doesn’t know is, sometimes it’s the good girls you have to watch out for.

Nikolai

I’m a dangerous man.

I live by a code. The Vory code. It is my duty to my family to protect the brotherhood. To destroy anyone who threatens what we stand for, including her.

She’s a dancer. A beautiful little doll. My prisoner, and my new favorite puppet. This mafia princess thinks she has me under her spell, but in the end, she is simply collateral.

It’s a shame to destroy precious things.

But this is what bad men do.


My Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


This was an intense, beautiful and difficult read all in one.  These are lovers who go through emotional upheaval just to be together.

This book was exquisite!  The author really pulled on my heartstrings leaving me teary eyed. 

Tanaka’s pain, was my pain.  Her triumph, mine.  I did not want this book to end.  It was so poignant.

This book held my heart hostage within its pages, stealing, grabbing and clenching my heart until all I could do was feel.  Feel Tanaka’s loss, her suffering, torment and longing.  Feel Nikolai’s anger, his need for revenge, his fealty towards his brothers, the desperation he feels when he must make an impossible choice and the passion he undeniably feels for Tanaka.

These characters were so well written and fleshed out in my opinion.  With real trials and tribulations.  Everything about this book just worked for me and it will go down as one of the best I’ve read to date.

This is not the first book I read by A. Zavarelli but, it is the book that cements this author, her previous books and her future works a guaranteed spot on my TBR list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not forget to like or comment on this post if you liked it! I am also open to suggestions to improve my blog and posts.

If you do leave a comment please check back as I will always comment back.