May 06, 2018

TAG: 20 Questions Tag


The 20 Questions Book Tag



Hey!  So as all of you must know by now I’m a private person and complete introvert.  I’m working on this (I promise) and trying to change my ways 😊.  With this I’ve decided to complete a book tag.  This one I found as a result of @natashaisbooked



1 - How many books is too many books in a series?

           

For me, I start losing the interest and the original excitement for the series around book 4.  I find so many times we are left waiting for a sequel to be published while in the interim reading new books and starting new series that it is hard to remember the intricacies that make up any given series.



2 - How do you feel about cliff hangers?



I have a love/hate relationship with cliff hangers.  I do love a well done cliff hanger but waiting too long for the next installment is aggravating.



3 - Hardback or Paperback?

           

I would have to say paperback.  I love the pliability making it easy to read and manipulate wherever I am



4 - Favourite book?



I don’t think this is a question I’ll ever be able to answer.  I love books and like any book lover, devour as many books as I am able.  As result, there are too many books that I have loved and thought “this is the best book ever” only to feel the same way about another book I read.



5 - Least favourite book?



I don’t really have a least favourite book.  I read to immerse myself in another world, for leisure and for fun.  Because of that, I “scout” my books rigorously.  Covers, that pull me in, then the blurb/synopsis and then reviews.  I want to enjoy reading and will make every effort to choose a book that is to my liking.



6 - Love triangles, yes or no?



Triangles-yes, cheating-no.  That is not to say that I don’t read romance where one or both of the characters cheat, just that it is not my preference.



7 - The most recent book you just couldn't finish?



As I said above I normally choose my books very wisely.  I cannot remember the last time I DNF a book.

8 - A book you're currently reading?



The current book I am reading is The First Time at Firelight Falls by Julie Anne Long



9 - The last book you recommended to someone?



The last book I 100% recommended (hands down, without a doubt) was Sergio by Natasha Knight.

.

10 - The oldest book you've read (publication date)?



I don’t read many classics so I believe the oldest book I have read is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen



11 - Newest book you've read (publication date)



The most recent book I’ve read is the completion of the Saint-Sinner duet called El Pecador.  It is written by M. Robinson.



12 - Favourite author?



Although I mostly stick to one genre which is romance, I read so many sub-genres.  So I have many different favourite authors depending on the sub-genre.  I love Lisa Kleypas, Julia Quinn, Gena Showalter, Chloe Neill, Willow Winters, Pepper Winters, Natasha Knight, K Webster… This list goes on and on.  If I’ve read more than one of their books, their writing appeals to me and thus their books are picked up again and again.



13 - Buying books or borrowing books?



Buying books.



14 - A book you dislike that everyone else seems to love?



I don’t think I have one.



15 - Bookmarks or dog ears?



Unfortunately, although I know many think its sacrilege, dog ears.  I was never really fond of bookmarks



16 - A book you can always reread?



There are so many that I have reread.  The Wallflower series by Lisa Kleypas, Gena Showalter, Lords of the Underworld Series, Larissa Ione, The Demonica Series and so many more





17 - Can you read while hearing music?



Yes, I was and am always able to tune out any background noise when needed.



18 - One POV or multiple POV's (POV = points of view)



If I had to choose I would say multiple POV but I have enjoyed books written in both.



19 - Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?



Depends on the book.  I have read books in one sitting while others could take a few days



20 - A book you've read because of the cover?



I would have to say that most books I read, it was the cover that initially pulled me in.  I don’t often read a book where the cover has not pulled me in for one reason or another.



___________________________________





Wow, for someone who normally shares so little, this feels like a grand gesture.  Like my whole life is out there for you to see.  LOL!  I enjoyed doing this and hopefully you enjoyed this little peak into my psyche.



For those of you who follow me, let me know, would you like to see me do more tags?  Something you think I should cover in my blog?  I’m all ears to hear from you.  The spotlight is yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not forget to like or comment on this post if you liked it! I am also open to suggestions to improve my blog and posts.

If you do leave a comment please check back as I will always comment back.