January 02, 2019

2018 IN REVIEW


2018 IN REVIEW


I am so happy to finally get rid of 2018.  Overall a difficult year for me having lost everything in a fire and being displaced.  That is not to say there have not been any highlights.

My blog has been active just over ONE YEAR!  
My blogging journey has been quite the whirlwind.  Learning to use the blogger platform, NetGalley and Edelweiss.  Learning how to post on my blog and where to get promo info and ARCs.  All these, although not perfected, are all positives in my book.  There is, however, so much growth that I want and need to be done both as a reviewer and a blogger.

As many of you must know.  I’m not very good at posting original content; conversation pieces.  This I aim to change in the New Year with your help!  I so need the encouragement and voices of other bloggers and authors!



With that being said, here is 2018 in review for Sue’s Romance Reviews.

Completion of my GoodReads Challenge:  Wow!  So I have completed it with flying colors!  Since this was my first year joining the challenge, I did not know how many books I could actually read in a year.  With this, I pledged a smaller amount of 75 books.  I have surpassed that total and I am happy with my results!


Taking part in the 2018 Foster An Author Event:  

This was eye-opening, fun and informative.  Seeing the blogger community connecting with the author community was surreal.  Fostering two wonderful authors Fiona Morgan and Madison Quinn was amazing and humbling!  All thanks to Jo & Isa loves books and Natasha at Read, Review, Repeat.  If I hadn’t said it already, thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this amazing event!  Here’s to more years!

Review Requests from Authors: In 2018, I have had at least a dozen requests from new-to-me authors, to review their books.  Every time I get one of these requests, I am in awe and I get SO excited!  I am also very humbled.  It means so much to me that an author has reached out and trusted me to review something that is so important and vital to them.  Thank you for your trust it means the world to me 😊.

Followers:  I am very thankful to everyone who has followed me on social media.  Whether that be on FB, Twitter or Blogger.  I aim to reach out and connect more with all of you this coming year and all the years to come.

Quoted reviews:  I've been quoted at least a half dozen times this year.  This for me is like the HIGHEST praise and high I could ever get.  When an author has quoted one of my reviews, it is like crack.  The high lasts for days and I’m always looking for my next fix!  It is amazing when someone appreciates a review or post you have worked on.

I’m very proud of my accomplishments for this past year.  What do you think?  Are you ready for another year?  What have your accomplishments been?  Whether big or small, be proud!  There’s no one that can do or say the things exactly as you do!  You are an ORIGINAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not forget to like or comment on this post if you liked it! I am also open to suggestions to improve my blog and posts.

If you do leave a comment please check back as I will always comment back.