March 21, 2019

REVIEW & RELEASE: Delivered


Delivered
Series: The Devil's Duet #2
Author: Eva Charles 
Genre: Dark Romance/Romantic Suspense
Release Date: March 21, 2019

Blurb 

Gabrielle Duval belongs to me.
I've made sure of that.

Now it's time to eliminate the man who kept us apart.
My father.
The devil himself.

His reign of terror ends here.
On my terms. 


PURCHASE LINKS
Amazon US | UK | CA | AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited


MY REVIEW

Delivered is the second book in The Devil’s Duet by Eva Charles.

I was looking forward to reading this book. The blurb, as always, pulled me in and having read the first book, I couldn’t wait to dive back into Gabrielle and Julien’s story.

Unfortunately, the book didn’t match my expectations.

There is too much blame game and, as result, the plot, in my opinion, advances slowly.

Gabrielle is bull-headed, difficult and childish throughout the book. I found her over dramatic as well, even with everything she has to go through.

The romance and mystery seemed disconnected or separate in this book. Almost like the author would write a few chapters about the mystery and then write in the romance between the couple. The romance and mystery were never intertwined.

This should have been a book with feels. Dread and angst as well as healing. Instead, I feel like all the emotions that should have came out of this book were dimmed and glossed over. I wanted so much to feel for this couple instead I remained somewhat detached.

There was missing sections where time was forwarded. In some cases, I believe this skip in time was a detriment to the book. We missed aspects of the book that help to bring closure and help us connect and feel what the characters are feeling.

This second book had more of a story being told vibe instead of a story being experienced one.

The ending itself was anti-climatic.

The plot was intriguing but the execution, for me, didn’t match up.

With all that being said, I will be keeping an eye out for this author’s future works.

I received an ARC of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own



ALSO IN THE SERIES
#1 Depraved

PURCHASE LINKS
Amazon US | UK | CA | AU

AUTHOR BIO  
A confirmed city-girl, Eva moved to rural Western Massachusetts in 2014. She found herself living in the woods with no job, no friends (unless you count the turkey, deer, and coyote roaming the backyard), and no children underfoot, wondering what on earth she had been thinking. But as it turned out, it was the perfect setting to take all those yarns spinning in her head and weave them into steamy love stories.

A romantic at heart, Eva looks forward to date night all week. The perfect evening includes well-crafted cocktails, a fabulous perfume, Cherry Garcia ice cream, and her husband, of course. If you add good friends, live jazz, and impossible shoes, she will follow you anywhere.

Eva holds a BA from Boston College, and a JD from the Washington College of Law. She spent a career working in domestic violence, child abuse and neglect, and civil rights. Aspects of this work often find their way into her books.

When she's not writing sexy stories, trying to squeeze information out of her tight-lipped sons, or playing with the two cutest dogs you've ever seen, Eva's creating chapters in her own love story.

CONNECT WITH EVA
Facebook | Goodreads | Twitter




No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not forget to like or comment on this post if you liked it! I am also open to suggestions to improve my blog and posts.

If you do leave a comment please check back as I will always comment back.