August 24, 2018

OPINION: Letter To My Fellow Bloggers


LETTER TO MY FELLOW BLOGGERS


To All My Fellow Bloggers:

Ever wonder why you are still blogging?  I mean, we blog because we like it but also because we want to make an impact or a connection of some sort.

Whether it be a like, a comment or a follow, it seems to boost our moral and give us meaning to the labour of love we are committing so much time and effort into.

I have been blogging about books for almost a year now and although I am proud of the minor accomplishments I have made, I wonder if I’m really connecting with anyone.

Socially, I must say I am an introvert.  I don’t share much in the way of personal info and feelings and I think that this hinders what I am aiming for.  It’s not that I purposefully fo out of my way not to share these things, more that it is imply ingrained in my personality.

As bloggers, what do you believe?  Do you belive that those “social butterflies” are more apt at getting results?  And, for those of us, like me, who are socially inept, is it worth it?

Social media is all about socializing and if that is not a blogger’s strength, what kind of success can we expect to achieve with our blogs?

I was sitting here, yesterday, wondering exactly that.  Why am I still blogging?  What do I hope to achieve?  Should I continue blogging?

Then, SERENDIPITY!  I hade a like, a follow and a retweet!  This was the deciding factor for me.  I don’t need thousands of followers, likes or retweets.  I simply need ONE small connection to make all my effort worthwhile.

So, my advice to all of you who struggle with continuing your blog, I say ALL BLOGS MATTER!  From the very smallest to the very grand, your opinion is unique, YOURS.  NO ONE can say things or do things the way you can.

All blogs matter and each brings a diversity to social media that I think it would lack otherwise. 

I believe that we all matter because we all affect each other and this causes an effect on each other.  It’s quite symbiotic, really. By simply liking, retweeting, following or commenting, we give meaning to someone with the smallest of gestures.

To all the blogs out there, big or small, YOU ROCK!  Keep doing what you are doing.

Don’t forget that your opinions matter.  If you like something, don’t forget to show that you do.  It has all the meaning in the world and doesn’t cost a thing!

2 comments:

  1. This is so great. I know what it feels like to ask yourself "why your still doing this" but I always tell myself that even if one person has had a good experience reading my blog or my novel then I can go to sleep happy. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment, Ashley. It’s good to know that I am not alone in my thoughts or struggles. 😊

      Delete

Do not forget to like or comment on this post if you liked it! I am also open to suggestions to improve my blog and posts.

If you do leave a comment please check back as I will always comment back.