August 21, 2018

REVIEW & RELEASE: Blood & Secrets 3



Blood & Secrets 3
Series: The Calvetti Crime Family #3
Author: Rose Harper
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: August 21, 2018

Blurb

Wanna know a secret?
Skeletons don’t like to stay buried.
They wait; they watch; then they strike while you’re at your most vulnerable.
As it turns out, my skeleton is the deadliest of them all, and they seriously pissed him off.

For a little over thirteen years, I mourned the death of Luca.

The only man I loved and trusted,
But the one they forced me to kill.

My brother.

But if the man sitting in front of me now is right,
He’s the skeleton in my closet I didn’t know I had,
And he’s come with a few secrets of his own.

Secrets that rival mine.

I just hope he realizes what he walked into,
Because I’m not the little girl he ambled out on years ago.
Now, I’m the perfect weapon with only one mission in mind,
And it’s not the contract resting over my head.

No;
My mission is to keep my King safe,
while he unravels the mysteries looming over our heads.

I’ll be damned if I fail this task.
Be damned if I fail him.

Mateo is the only one I care about right now,
And if my brother makes one false move, I’ll kill him for real.

Only this time … I’ll enjoy every second of it.


Purchase Links
AMAZON US | UK | CA | AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited

My Review

I love this series so far and make no qualms about it.  There’s heart pumping action and undeniable passion.

As much as I love this series, however, I must admit that this one missed the mark with me.  The action and passion were ever present, but there was not enough story to actually sink my teeth into.  The plot itself only advanced marginally leaving me feeling like the book was one long scene that lead to a cliff-hanger.  I also thought this story would have been about the last cliff-hanger which was HUGE, but it only glossed over it like it wasn’t as big of a deal as it was.  This book, in my opinion, added nothing extra to the overall plot in the series.

I did love getting a glimpse into who Carina and Mateo could’ve been had they not had such upbringings.  Their walls are slowly crumbling and I’m wondering who and what they are going to be when there is nothing left to hide behind.

I’m on tenterhooks to see how dark Mateo really is.  The previous books have been hinting at that darkness but I don’t think we have fully seen or experienced it yet.  I’m hoping in the next installment, that we will get a taste and that we will see where this series is ultimately leading...  We have two ultimate killing machines that would do anything for each other.  This could get interesting!

I am confident that the next installment will satiate my hunger for more in this exciting and captivating series.

I received an ARC of this book.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Also Available

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited

Author Bio

Rose Harper thrives on bringing tantalizing, downright shiver inducing Dark Romance and Romantic Suspense novels for her readers to devour. She’s a lover of dark, sizzling passion, and mystery filled stories with twists and turns you never see coming, yet leave you wanting more. 

Sign up to Rose’s New Release email list and you'll automatically be notified as soon as her next book is released: http://eepurl.com/c95qPH

Check out her website
And don't forget to come say hello on Facebook
Twitter: @AutRoseHarper 

Author Links


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not forget to like or comment on this post if you liked it! I am also open to suggestions to improve my blog and posts.

If you do leave a comment please check back as I will always comment back.